Maurice Dongier is a Canadian neuropsychiatrist at the Douglas Hospital Research Center in Montreal , Quebec . He is a Knight (Knight) of the French Legion of Honor as a connoisseur of fine cooking.  Dongier is a founding member of the French Society of Psycho-Oncology  (French Society for Psycho-oncology ). 
Dongier received his medical degree in Marseille in 1951 and took his training at the Allan Memorial Institute in Montreal, Quebec, receiving his diploma in psychiatry from McGill University in 1954.  He was a pioneer in providing psychiatric services to remote communities, using his own private plane to reach them.   Dongier aussi Flew His plane from Montreal to St. Kitts with a colleague to study the behavior of alcoholic monkeys there, Whose behavior is similar to That of people with alcohol abuse problems. 
Dongier held positions at the University of Marseille ( France )  and the University of Liège ( Belgium ).  On his return from Europe in 1971, he went back to McGill as director of the Allan Memorial Institute and also served as Psychiatrist-in-Chief for the Royal Victoria Hospital, Montreal .  Dongier was also the chairman of McGill’s Department of Psychiatry from 1974 to 1985.   
Dongier was honored in 2002 by an award named for the Maurice Dongier Training Award; the award is for psychiatric clinical research training.  In 2005 he was awarded an Emeritus Professorship in Psychiatry by McGill University .  
Dongier is known for his research in alcohol abuse and work in alcohol abuse research. 
- ^ Jump up to:a b Shoumatoff, Alex. “The Alcoholic Monkeys of St. Kitts” . Dispatches from the Vanishing World . Retrieved 25 December 2010 .
- Jump up^ “French Society of Psycho-Oncology” . French Society of Psycho-Oncology . Retrieved 25 December 2010 . (in French)
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Prizes Maurice Dongier” . Douglas Institute Research Center . Retrieved 25 December 2010 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Canadian Medical News” . Canadian Medical Association Journal . Canadian Medical Journal. 104 (7): 627. 3 April 1971. PMC 1930986 . ( PDF )
- Jump up^ Pinker, Susan (16 April 2002). “Dr. Kraus, I presume?” . Journal-Canadian Medical Association . Retrieved 25 December 2010 .
- Jump up^ “Northern Ontario Francophone Psychiatric Program” (PDF) . Ontario Psychiatric Outreach Programs . Retrieved 25 December 2010 . (PDF)
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d “Maurice Dongier” . Douglas Institute Research Center . Retrieved 25 December 2010 .
- Jump up^ “History of the McGill Department of Psychiatry” . McGill University . Retrieved 25 December 2010 .
- Jump up^ Naiman, James (2001). “Psychoanalysis at the Allan Memorial Institute”(PDF) . Filegrane . Retrieved 25 December 2010 . (PDF) in French
- Jump up^ “Maurice Dongier, Professor Emeritus” . McGill University . Retrieved 25 December 2010 .
- Jump up^ Dongier, Mauritius (2003). “What treatment options exist for alcohol abuse?” . J Psychiatry Neurosci . Journal of Psychiatry and Neuroscience. 28 (1): 80. PMC 161728 . PMID 12587852 .