Marseille Provence Airport or Marseille Provence Airport ( IATA : MRS , ICAO : LFML ) is an international airport Located 27 km (17 miles) northwest of Marseille ,  on the territory of Marignane , both, towns of the Bouches-du-Rhône department in the Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur region of France. The airport’s hinterland goes from Gap to Arles and from Toulon to Avignon .
It is the fifth busiest French airport by passenger traffic and third largest for cargo traffic.  In 2012 the airport was the fourth highest European passenger traffic growth, at 12.7% with 8,295,479 passengers.  Marseille Provence Airport serves as a focus city for Air France . In summer 2013, the airport served 132 regular destinations, the largest offer in France after the Parisian airports. 
Formerly known as Marseille-Marignane Airport , it has been managed since 1934 by the Marseille-Provence Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCI). 
In the 1920s and 1930s, Marignane was one of France’s main points of operation for flying boats. It even comes as a terminal for Pan American World Airways Clipper flying boats. Other flying boat operators were Aéropostale and Air Union , the latter moving over from Antibes in 1931. Marignane was also a production site for hydroplanes by Lioré and Olivier . [ quote needed ]
In September 2006, the airport opened its new terminal MP2 for budget airlines. The Burger King restaurant in France since 1997.  
Airlines and destinations
|Aegean Airlines||Seasonal: Athens , Heraklion , Rhodes|
|Aer Lingus||Seasonal: Dublin|
|blue Eagle||Algiers , Annaba , Bejaia , Constantine , Dakar , Oran , Setif , Tlemcen|
|Air Algeria||Algiers , Annaba , Batna , Bejaia , Chlef , Constantine , Oran
Seasonal: Jijel , Setif 
|Air Austral||Saint-Denis of Reunion|
|Air Canada Rouge||Seasonal: Montreal-Trudeau|
|Air Corsica||Ajaccio , Bastia , Calvi , Figari|
|Air France||Amsterdam , Paris-Charles de Gaulle , Orly-Paris
Seasonal: Athens , Ibiza , Stockholm-Arlanda 
|Air Malta||Seasonal: Malta|
|Air Transat||Seasonal: Montreal-Trudeau|
|easyJet||Berlin-Schönefeld , Bordeaux , London-Gatwick , London-Luton , Venice
Seasonal: Amsterdam , Bristol , Glasgow
|easyJet Switzerland||Geneva |
|El Al||Tel Aviv-Ben Gurion|
|HOP!||Lyon , Strasbourg , Toulouse , Bordeaux , Lille , Nantes , Rennes
Seasonal: Biarritz , Brest
operated by Air Nostrum
Seasonal: Ibiza , Menorca
|Korean Air||Seasonal charter: Seoul-Incheon |
operated by Lufthansa CityLine
Seasonal: Cagliari ,  Olbia
|Mistral Air||Florence |
|Norwegian Air Shuttle||Seasonal: Copenhagen|
|Pegasus Airlines||Istanbul-Sabiha Gökçen|
|Royal Air Morocco||Casablanca , Marrakesh , Oujda , Rabat |
|Ryanair||Brest , Charleroi , Edinburgh , Eindhoven , Fez , Kraków (begins 2 November 2017),  Lille , Lisbon , London-Stansted , Madrid , Malta , Marrakesh , Nador ,Nantes , Oujda , Palermo , Porto , Rabat , Rome-Fiumicino , Sevilla , Tangier , Valencia
Seasonal: Catania ,Essaouira , Faro , Ibiza , Malaga , Palma de Mallorca , Tours , Zadar
operated by TAP Express
|Travel Service||Seasonal charter: Shannon |
|TUI fly Belgium||Agadir
|Tunisair||Djerba , Monastir , Tunis|
|Twin Jet||Metz / Nancy , Milan-Malpensa , Pau|
|Volotea||Strasbourg , Venice , Vienna 
Seasonal: Alicante , Biarritz (begins 19 April 2018), Caen (begins 20 April 2018), Corfu (begins 21 April 2018), Dubrovnik , Faro , Heraklion (begins 21 April 2018), Menorca ( Begins 26 May 2018), Mykonos (begins 29 May 2018), Naples , Palma de Mallorca (begins 26 May 2018), Prague , Rennes , Santorini (begins 25 April 2018), Split 
|Vueling||Algiers , Barcelona , Rome-Fiumicino
Seasonal: Málaga , Palma de Mallorca
|XL Airways France||Saint-Denis of Reunion
Seasonal: Fort-de-France (begins 1 January 2018), Pointe-à-Pitre (begins 1 January 2018)
|ASL Airlines Belgium||Paris-Charles de Gaulle|
|ASL Airlines France ||Ajaccio , Bastia , Nice , Paris-Charles de Gaulle , Rennes|
|DHL Aviation||Brussels , Leipzig / Halle , Malta , Nice|
operated by ASL Airlines Ireland
|Lyon , Paris-Charles de Gaulle|
operated by Star Air
|Cologne / Bonn|
|Passenger||6,155,154 ||6963000||6,965,933 ||7290119||7522167||7363068||8,295,479 ||8260619||8182237||8261804|
The airport is served by the Vitrolles Marseille Provence Airport rail station on the TER network. A free shuttle bus runs between the airport and the station.
- The airport is the main fixed wing of Civil Security , the aerial firefighting division of the French Ministry of the Interior .  ** This Civil Security base has now moved to nearby Nîmes-Garons .
- The head office of Airbus Helicopters is located on the airport property. 
Accidents and Incidents
- On 4 February 1948, SNCASE Languedoc P / 7 F-BATK of Air France was damaged beyond economic repair. 
- On July 30, 1950, SNCASE Languedoc P / 7 F-BCUI of Air France was damaged after its undercarriage collapsed on landing. 
- On 6 February 1989 Inter Cargo Flight Service 3132, operated by Vickers Vanguard F-GEJE crashed on takeoff. Three crew died, no passengers were being carried. 
- On 26 December 1994 Air France Flight 8969 with 236 people aboard arrived in Marseilles after being hijacked by four young men of the Armed Islamic Group (GIA) at Houari Boumediene Airport in Algiers , Algeria . After 15 hours on the ground and a breakdown in negotiations, the French special forces GIGN stormed the aircraft. In the ensuing firefight, all four hijackers were killed while 3 crew, 13 passengers, and 9 GIGN Operators were injured. The Airbus A300B2-1C F-GBEC was written off.
- Jump up^ “Successful bid for Marseille airport – Air & Cosmos” . Air-cosmos.com. May 19, 2014.
- Jump up^ LFML – Marseille Provence . AIPfrom French Aeronautical Information Service , effective 9 November 2017.
- Jump up^ “The 10 most visited French airports in 2011 – JDN Business” (in French). Journaldunet.com.
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Marseille-Provence breaks all records with 8.3 million passengers in 2012” . Tourmag.com.
- Jump up^ “The Marseille Provence Airport will offer 132 regular lines this summer”(in French). Mediaterranee.com.
- Jump up^ “Official website: Key facts & figures” . Marseille-airport.com.
- Jump up^ “American Pan B-314 Clipper Flights” . Bluegrassairlines.com.
- Jump up^ “Marseilles Provence Airport unveils brand new commercial offer” . TheMoodieReport.com.
- Jump up^ “The recipe of Burger King to make his comeback in the Hexagon” (in French). Capital.fr.
- Jump up^ http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/270158/air-algerie-proposes-new-french-routes-in-s17/
- Jump up^ http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/271148/air-france-adds-seasonal-marseille-routes-in-s17/
- Jump up^ http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/271468/easyjet-schedules-additional-geneva-routes-in-s17/
- Jump up^ “Korean Air Schedules Marseille Charters in 16Q3” . routesonline.com. 22 June 2016 . Retrieved 22 June 2016 .
- Jump up^ http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/270243/meridiana-adds-cagliari-marseille-service-from-june-2017/
- Jump up^ http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/272438/mistral-air-s17-new-routes-addition/
- Jump up^ http://airlineroute.net/2015/08/18/at-rba-w15/
- Jump up^ http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/271685/ryanair-w17-new-routes-as-of-05mar17/
- Jump up^ “Charter Flights” . Travel Choice Ltd. Retrieved 9 June 2017.
- ^ Jump up to:a b http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/269344/volotea-s17-new-routes-as-of-14oct16/
- Jump up^ http://www.aslairlines.co.uk/cargo/regulatory-flights/reseau-cargo/
- Jump up^ “Marseille Provence Airport: About the Airport” . Mrsairport.com. February 20, 2013.
- Jump up^ “Key facts – Marseille Provence Airport” (in French). Marseille.aeroport.fr.
- Jump up^ “Google Maps” . Maps.google.fr. January 1, 1970.
- Jump up^ “Legal Notice and Disclaimer Archived29 June 2011 at theWayback Machine..”Eurocopter. Retrieved on 8 December 2010. “[…] whose registered Office is located Marseille-Provence International Airport – 13725 Marignane Cedex – France”.
- Jump up^ “F-BATK Hull-loss description” . Aviation Safety Network . Retrieved 27 February 2014 .
- Jump up^ “F-BCUI Accident description” . Aviation Safety Network . Retrieved 27 February 2014 .
- Jump up^ “Accident description” . Aviation Safety Network . Retrieved 9 October2009 .