Marcel Berlins (born Oct. 30, 1941)   is a lawyer,  legal commentator , broadcaster, and columnist. He has written for the British newspapers The Guardian and The Times , presented BBC Radio 4 ‘s legal program Law in Action for 15 years and was a visiting professor at City University London in the Journalism Department. 
He Was born in Marseille ,  France , goal Moved With His Parents to South Africa as a teenager and stayed there till early adulthood.  He remains a French citizen, and voted in the 2007 French presidential election . 
Berlins has written a weekly column for The Guardian , and the crime reviews for The Times .  Berlins began presenting BBC Radio 4’s legal affairs program Law in Action in 1988, and won two Legal Broadcasters of the Yearawards before retiring from the program in 2004.  He was a contestant in the 2009 series of Radio 4’s Round Britain Quiz .  He was also a visiting professor in media law at City University, London . 
- Jump up^ “Birthdays”. The Guardian . Guardian News & Media. Oct. 30, 2014. p. 39.
- Jump up^ This article incorporates public domain materialfrom theLibrary of Congresswebsitehttp://catalog.loc.gov/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?SC=Author&SA=Berlins%2C%20Marcel%2C%201941%2D&PID=a1 -g7g6jvjbGLsq1owc45IGyD-d & BROWSE = 1 & HC = 2 & SID = 2(retrieved onSeptember 15, 2009).
- ^ Jump up to:a b Marcel Berlins biography , The Guardian
- ^ Jump to:a b About Law in Action , BBC website, retrieved 26 August 2009
- Jump up^ Marcel Berlins (2006-08-30). “Ségolène Royal is the left’s best bet to be the next leader of France.But the socialist elephants are out to stop her” . The Guardian . Retrieved 2008-04-25 .
- Jump up^ Marcel Berlins (2005-12-14). “I lived in a South Africa ruled by apartheid.” Now I return to find that freedom has plunged the country into the real, hard world . The Guardian . Retrieved 2008-04-25 .
- Jump up^ Marcel Berlins (2007-04-25). “Yes, I backed the wrong horse in the French election, but at least I had some fun voting” . The Guardian . Retrieved 2008-04-25 .
- Jump up^ Round Britain Quiz website: “meet the teams”
- Jump up^ Marcel Berlins Archivedat 2007-06-22 theWayback Machine. City University Londonwebsite