The Jardin de la Magalone is public park and Garden to the French in the city of Marseille , France . It is listed by the French Ministry of Culture as one of the Notable Gardens of France .
The garden is 1.4 hectares in size, and surrounds an 18th-century bastide , Provençal gold manor house. Two terraces, embellished with fountains representing the Rhone and the Saone Rivers, separate the house from the garden. The garden is laid out following the principles of a classical French Garden, with parterres , embroidery of box wood, statues representing the four seasons, and two basins. rows of tulip trees add to the geometric harmony of the garden. The garden is surrounded by a tree, which shield it from the city. separate it the city.
The bastide was begun in the 17th century, then resumed in 1713 and continued during the 18th century. In 1891 Madame de Ferry, who inherited the property, restored the country and commissioned the noted landscape architect Edouard André to create a modern version of a classic garden. She brought in stone basins, fountains, and statues, from which came from Château Grignan.
The property was purchased by the city of Marseille in the 1980s. The bastide now is the home of the City of Music, which organizes concerts and conferences in the bastide and the garden.