The Stade Vélodrome ( French pronunciation: [stad velɔdʁom] ) Known for sponsorship Reasons as the Orange Velodrome , is a multi-purpose stadium in Marseille , France . It is home to the Olympique de Marseille football club of Ligue 1 since it opened in 1937, and was a venue in the 1998 FIFA World Cup , the 2007 Rugby World Cup and the UEFA Euro 2016 . It sometimes hosts RC Toulon rugby club of the Top 14. It is the largest club in France, with a capacity of 67,344 spectators. The stadium is also used by the French rugby union team .
Aix-Marseille University ( AMU ; French : Aix-Marseille University ; Formally incorporated as Aix-Marseille University )  is a public research university Located in Provence , southern France . It was founded in 1409 when Louis II of Anjou , Count of Provence , petitioned the Pisan Antipope Alexander V to create the University of Provence .  The university as it is today was formed by the merger of the University of Provence, theUniversity of the Mediterranean and Paul Cezanne University .    The merger became effective on January 1, 2012, resulting in the creation of the largest university in the French-speaking world , with about 70,000 students.   AMU has the largest budget of any academic institution in the Francophone world , standing at € 750 million. 
The Villa Valmer is a historic mansion in the 7th arrondissement of Marseille , France.  It was built for Charles Gounelle , an oil manufacturer, in 1865.  It was designed by architect Henry Condamin .  It is home to the United Nations Industrial Development Organization . 
The Terrasses du Port is a commercial shopping center located in the 2nd arrondissement of Marseille .  The retail format contains 190 shops, including both domestic and international brands. The mall, which opens in the spring of 2014 also has a balcony of 2,600 square meters, offering a view of the harbor, La Joliette , hence the building’s name, which translates to “The Port Terraces”. 
The University of Provence Aix-Marseille I was a public university mostly located in Aix-en-Provence and Marseille . It was one of the three Universities of Aix-Marseille and was part of the Academy of Aix and Marseille . On January 1, 2012 University of the Mediterranean and Paul Cézanne University to become Aix-Marseille University , the youngest, but also the largest in terms of students, budgets and staff in France.
Porte d’Aix (also known as the Porte Royale ) is a triumphal arch in Marseille , in the south of France , marking the old entry point to the city on the road from Aix-en-Provence .  The classical design by Michel-Robert Penchaud was inspired by the triumphal arches of the Roman Empire . The Porte d’Aix was originally conceived in 1784 to honor Louis XIV and to commemorate the Peace of Paris (1783) that ended the American war of independence . Following the restoration of the Bourbon monarchyin 1814-15, the project was resumed in 1823, now to commemorate French victories in the Spanish Expedition , notably at the Battle of Trocadero , August 31, 1823. It was eventually completed in 1839, with a more general theme of victory. 
The Place Jean-Jaures , aka The Plain , is a historic square in Marseille , Bouches-du-Rhone , Provence-Alpes-Cote d’Azur , France. As early as the 13th century, it was a camping ground for Christian Crusaders on their way to the Holy Land . It later became a meeting place to welcome dignitaries and members of the French royal family. It is now home to a farmers’ market . It is named after politician Jean Jaurès
The Place Castellane is a historic square in the 6th district of Marseille , Bouches-du-Rhone , France . It was built in 1774.
The Lighthouse of Sainte Marie is an inactive lighthouse built to mark the harbor of Marseille , France. Completed in 1855, it is made of natural-finished limestone and stands 70 feet high. It is located on the north side of the Passe de la Joliette. This is at the southern entrance to the series of basins that form the harbor. It was upgraded to electrical illumination in 1922 but is now inactive. 
The Park of the XXVth Centenary is a public park located in the city of Marseille in France. It is listed by the French Ministry of Culture as one of the Notable Gardens of France .
Parc Borély is a public municipal park in the city of Marseille , in France . It is classified by the French Ministry of Culture as one of the Notable Gardens of France . The park is 17 hectares in size. It adjoins the EM Heckel Botanical Garden .
The Palais Longchamp is a monument in the 4th arrondissement of Marseille , France . It houses the city’s Museum of Fine Arts and Natural History Museum . The surrounding park (The Longchamp Park ) is listed by the French Ministry of Culture as one of the Notable Gardens of France .
The Palais du Pharo is a palace in Marseille , France . It was built in 1858 by Napoleon III for Eugenie de Montijo .
The Palais de la Bourse is a building on the Canebiere in Marseille , France . It houses the Marseille-Provence Chamber of Commerce and Industry, and the Marseille Museum of Marine and Economy .
The Oppidum of Verduron is an oppidum in the 15th arrondissement of Marseille , France. It was built in the Iron Age .  It was discovered in 1906, and fully excavated in 1911.  It has been listed as an official historical monument since August 24, 2004. 
The Opéra de Marseille , known today as the Municipal Opera , is an opera company located in Marseille , France . In 1685, the city was the second in France after Bordeaux to have an opera house which was erected on a tennis court.
The Old Port of Marseille (French: Old Port of Marseille ) is at the end of the Canebiere , the major street of Marseille . It has been the natural harbor of the city since Antiquity and is now the main popular place in Marseille. It became mainly pedestrian in 2013.
The Marseilles transporter bridge , inaugurated in 1905 and destroyed in 1944, was a crossing of the Old Port of Marseille , designed by engineer Ferdinand Arnodin .
Marseille Provence Airport or Marseille Provence Airport ( IATA : MRS , ICAO : LFML ) is an international airport Located 27 km (17 miles) northwest of Marseille ,  on the territory of Marignane , both, towns of the Bouches-du-Rhône department in the Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur region of France. The airport’s hinterland goes from Gap to Arles and from Toulon to Avignon .
Marseille Borely Racecourse ( Hippodrome de Marseille Borely ) is a horse racing facility for thoroughbred flat racing and standardbred harness racing site location is 16, avenue Bonneveine in Marseille , France .
The old charity is a form almshouse , now functioning as a museum and cultural center, Situated in the heart of the old quarter of Shopping Marseille in the south of France . Constructed between 1671 and 1749 in the Baroque style to the designs of the architect Pierre Puget , it includes four ranges of arcaded galleries in three storeys surrounding a space with a central chapel surmounted by an ovoid dome.
Tourette is a housing complex in Marseille , France . It was located at the Old Port of Marseille and was constructed in 1948-1953 following designs by the French architect and urban planner Fernand Pouillon .
The Jardin de la Magalone is public park and Garden to the French in the city of Marseille , France . It is listed by the French Ministry of Culture as one of the Notable Gardens of France .
The colonial institute of Marseille is the first colonial institute established in France. It was founded in 1893 under the leadership of Dr. Edward Heckel (1843-1916).
The Chateau d’If is a fortress (later a prison) Located on the island of Yew, The Smallest island in the Friuli archipelago Situated in the Mediterranean Sea about 1.5 km ( 7 / 8 mile) offshore in the Bay of Marseille in southeastern France . It is famous for being one of the settings of Alexander Dumas’ adventure novel The Count of Monte Cristo . If is the French word for the yew tree.
Marseille – Saint-Charles is the main railway station and intercity bus station of Marseille . It is the southern terminus of the Paris-Marseille railway . It opened on January 8, 1848, having been built for the PLM on the land of the Saint Charles Cemetery. The station is perched on a small hill and is linked to the city by a monumental set of stairs. Since 2001, When the TGV Reduced Dramatically the travel time between Marseille and northern France, Increased traffic (7.1 million annual passengers in 2000 to 15 million in 2007) and the station is the 11th busiest Currently in France.
French International Training Center for DC  (CEFEB) English : Center for Financial, Economic and Banking Studies is the center of the French Development Agency organization (located in Marseilles ) which works under the aegis of the Minister of Foreign Affairs and Cooperations . Its main aim is to finance the developments made under bilateral agreements.
Fort Saint-Jean is a fortification in Marseille , built in 1660 by Louis XIV at the entrance to the Old Port . Since 2013 it is linked by two thin bridges to the historical district The Basket , and to the Museum of European and Mediterranean Civilizations , the first French national museum to be located outside Paris.
Euroméditerranée is an urban renewal project underway in Marseille to create a business district in the district of La Joliette .
The Saint Roch Church , better known as Mazargues Church  is a Roman Catholic parish church in Mazargues , 9th arrondissement , Marseille , France . 
The Docks of Marseille is a historic building in the heart of La Joliette , a business district in Marseille , France . The building is home to 220 companies employing some 3,500 people. Various corporate headquarters, regional branches, restaurants, and services are located inside.
The Saint Peter Cemetery is the largest cemetery in the city of Marseille , France . 
The Robert Louis-Dreyfus Training Center , commonly referred to, simply, as The Commandery , is the training ground and Academy base of French football club, Olympique Marseille . Located in Marseille , the center was officially opened in July 1991.  Called La Commanderie , the training ground was renamed in 2009 after the death of the owner of the club, Robert Louis-Dreyfus .
The Marseille Canal  is a major source of drinking water for the city of Marseille , the largest city in Provence , France . The canal’s length is 80 kilometers (50 mi) – though there is an additional 160 kilometers (99 mi) of less arteries – and it services the entire district of Marseille. It took fifteen years of construction under the direction of the engineer Franz Mayor of Montricher , and was opened on July 8, 1849. It represents a significant achievement in nineteenth century engineering, combining bridges, tunnels, and reservoirs to create a channel over mountainous terrain. Until 1970, it was almost the sole source of water for the city of drinking water .
Baumettes Prison (also known as the Penitentiary Center of Marseille ) is a prison in the 9th district of Marseille .
The Bastide de la Guillermy is a historic bastide in Les Aygalades , a neighborhood in the 15th arrondissement of Marseille , France. It was built in the 17th century, making it one of the oldest buildings in Marseille.
The Academy of Marseille , officially the Academy of Sciences, Arts and Letters of Marseille , is a French learned society based in Marseille . It was founded in 1726 and includes those in the city involved in the arts , letters , and sciences .