Antoine d’Agata ( French: [Dagata] ; born 1961) is a French photographer and film director. His work deals with topics that are often considered taboo, such as addiction, sex, personal obsessions, darkness, and prostitution. 
D’Agata is a full member of Magnum Photos . In 2001 he won the Niepce Prize for young photographers. 
Life and work
D’Agata was born in Marseille in 1961. He left France in 1983 to start a series of travels. He studied photography at the International Center of Photography in New York City in 1990, under the tutelage of Larry Clark and Nan Goldin . 
Agata’s work deals with addiction, sex, personal obsessions, darkness, prostitution, and other topics.  He often uses his own life experiences as a source material. “My intimacy is linked to my work, and my work is so much about my intimate experiences of the world. 
D’Agata has been a full member of Magnum Photos since 2008.
In 2009 Tommaso Lusena and Giuseppe Schillaci released a documentary film about Agata called The Cambodian Room: Situations with Antoine d’Agata.
Publications by Agata
- Mala Noche. France: In View, 1998.
- From Mala Muerte. Paris: The Dawn of the Day (Cherbourg-en-Cotentin) ( fr ) , 1998.
- Hometown. Paris: The Point of the Day Publisher, 2001.
- Antoine d’Agata. Spain: Centro de Estudios Fotograficos, 2001.
- Insomnia. Marseille: Images in Maneuver, 2003.
- Vortex. France: Atlantica, 2003.
- The city without a name. Paris: The Point of the Day Publisher, 2004.
- Stigma. Marseille: Images in Maneuver, 2004. ISBN 9782849950098 . With a text by Philippe Azoury.
- Manifesto. Cherbourg-Octeville (English Channel): Le Point du Jour Publisher, 2005. ISBN 9782912132482 .
- Psychogeography. Paris: Le Point du Jour Publisher, 2005. ISBN 9782912132437 . With texts by D’Agata and Bruno Le Dantec.
- Ice. Images In Maneuvers, 2011. ISBN 9782849952054 .
- Position (s). Avarie, 2012, ISBN 9782954197401 .
- Antibody. Madrid: Xavier Barral ; Paris: The Bal , 2013. ISBN 9782365110037 . Catalog for retrospective exhibition at The Bal in Paris. Text in French.
- Antibodies. Munich: Prestel , 2014. ISBN 9783791349572 . With a text by Agata translated into English.
- Fukushima. Tokyo: Super Labo, 2015. Text in English and Japanese. Edition of 500 copies.
- AiTHO. Roquevaire, France: Andre Frere, 2015. Text in French. Edition of 300 copies.
- Index. Roquevaire, France: Andre Frere, 2015. ISBN 979-10-92265-25-5 .
- Lilith. 64P series. Madrid: The Fábrica, 2017. ISBN 9788417048044 . Text in English and Spanish.
- Self-Portraits: 1987-2017. Tokyo: Super Labo, 2017. Edition of 1000 copies.
Publication with another
- Aida Mady Diallo. The Carnets of the Creation series. Montreuil, Paris: The Eye, 2003. ISBN 978-2912415493 . A short story by Aida Mady Diallo with photographs from Mali by Agata. In French.
- The Belly of the World = The World’s Belly (2004)
- El Cielo del Muerto (2005) – documentary short
- Aka Ana (2008)
- Atlas (2012)
- 1001 Nights, Paris, 2004.
- Antoine D’Agata: Antibody, Fotomuseum Den Haag, 26 May – 2 September 2012;  The Bal , Paris, 24 January – 14 April 2013;    Spazio Forma, Milan, 27 June – 1 September 2013;  and Atsukobarouh, Tokyo, 23 May – 6 July 2015. 
- 1999: Marty Forscher Fellowship Fund (MFFF), New York City Parsons School of Design
- 1999: Villa Médicis scholarship, Outside the Walls, Paris
- 1999: First Prize, Festival of Young Artists, Paris
- 2001: Niépce Prize , Association Gens d’images ( fr ) , Paris
- 2004: Overseas Photographer Prize, Higashikawa Prize , Japan 
- 2013: Arles Author’s Book Awards, Arles, France, for Antibodies (2013) 
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Fear, Desire, Drugs and, Fucking Photographer Antoine D’Agata Lives a Life Less Ordinary By Alex Sturrock, Antoine D’Agata.” . Vice.com . Retrieved 2011-11-22 .
- Jump up^ “Antoine D’Agata” . Magnumphotos.com . Retrieved 2012-01-08 .
- Jump up^ “Antoine Agata interviewed by Arja Hyytiainen” . Gommamag.com . Retrieved 2011-11-22 .
- Jump up^ Matthews, Katherine Oktober (September 14, 2012). “Interview with Antoine d’Agata” . GUP Magazine .
- Jump up^ Haag, Gemeentemuseum Den (19 December 2013). “Antoine d’Agata”. Fotomuseumdenhaag.nl . Retrieved 15 November 2017 .
- Jump up^ “THE BAL – Independent coming focus on the image-as-document in all its forms – photography, video, film and the new media” . In.le-bal.com . Retrieved 15 November 2017 .
- Jump up^ “Antoine d’Agata, ‘Antibodies ‘ ” . Timeout.fr . Retrieved 15 November2017 .
- Jump up^ “Welcome to Paris Fine Global Photo Arts Photography Diary – Paris Photo Agenda” . Parisphoto.com . Retrieved 15 November 2017 .
- Jump up^ “Anticorpi di Anthony of Agata – fino a Domenica 1 september 2013 – Fondazione Forma per la fotografia” . Formafoto.it . Retrieved 15 November 2017 .
- Jump up^ “アントワーヌ·ダガタ「抗体」- Schedule -スケジュール-アツコバルーATSUKOBAROUH arts drinks talk” . l-amusee.com . Retrieved 15 November 2017 .
- Jump up^ “List of prizewinners, 1985-2009” (PDF) . Photo-town.jp (in (in Japanese) ) . Retrieved 15 November 2017 .
- Jump up^ O’Hagan, Sean (8 July 2013). “Lost and found: Discovery winners winners at Arles 2013” . The Guardian . Retrieved 25 October 2015 .